These are so simple to prepare, versatile in your weekly meal plans and of course are delicious.
Makes 4 or 5 serves
- 500g salmon fillet skinless (diced 4cm roughly)
- 1 tbsp. yellow curry paste
- 1 spring onion (shallot) chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander leaf chopped
- 1/2 small red chilli, de-seeded and diced fine
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160c-180c fan forced.
- Line an oven proof tray with baking paper.
- Prepare the herbs, lemongrass and chopped chilli and set aside.
- Zest and juice the lime into a small bowl, mix the curry paste into the juice until combined and set aside.
- Place the diced fish into the food processor, and using the pulse button just process the fish a couple of times until it’s a course mixture. Be careful not to overdo this step.
- Now mix the salmon, herbs, chilli and curry paste components together by hand in a mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Portion them into balls or patties and place onto baking paper lined tray.
- Sprinkle on top or crust them with sesame seeds now if you want.
- Bake in oven for 8-15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite sweet chilli sauce recipe on salads or in wraps or as the stay of a main course is also a great option.